All WSB accounts are by law required to have FICA documents of the account holder. FICA comprises of a copy of an identity document as well as a proof of residence. Once we have received these documents, we can activate your account.
FICA Self-Service Website – Upload Yourself!
ACCEPTED FICA DOCUMENTS AND CHECKLIST
Proof of Identity:
- ID copy, Passport or Driver’s License
- Identity Documents must be clear i.e. the information and photo must be visible.
Checklist for proof of address:
- Initials on the proof of address must correspond with the ID book
- A client proof of address must contain the residential address only (Postal address not acceptable)
- Proof of address must have a date (If it does not contain a date it will not be accepted)
- If a client stays with their parent/renting, the parent must fill in a confirmation form stating that they reside with the client/renting. This form must be accompanied by proof of residence under the owner of the residence.
Accepted proof of address:
- Utility Bill (less than 3 months old)
- Bank statement (Less than 3 months old)
- A lease or rental agreement (Less than 1 year old)
- A municipal rate & taxes invoice (less than 3 months old)
- Mortgage statement (less than 6 months old)
- Telephone account or other fixed-line provider (less than 3 months old
- An official tax return (less than 1 year old)
- A recent life insurance policy issued by an insurance company (Less than 1 year)
- Recent correspondence from a body corporate or share-block association (Less than 1 year)
- A valid television license documents (Less than 1 year)
- A registered residential address confirmation inserted in the customers Identity Documents
- Recent motor vehicle license or documentation(Less than 1 year)
- A letter from a Municipal authority confirming that an individual is permitted to reside on communal land (Less than 3 months)
- If you currently live with someone, and your proof of residence is in someone else’s name, you will need to fill out a Co-Habitation Form and submit with your FICA documents. You can request this form from us by emailing Fica@wsb.co.za